Need to ensure the safety of workers whilst they are either travelling to or at remote locations
- The client had mining exploration personnel in the field on a regular basis and were increasing concerned of the need to provide a monitoring service that could improve upon their existing relatively manual process, which was becoming increasingly resource intensive to manage
- They engaged us to provide an automated 24/7 monitoring process based on scheduled travel rosters
- Our process has been expanded to also include interstate and other travel as an when required
- Rosters were set and well entrenched with workers so any changes would need to be carefully considered before introduction
- We needed to integrate multiple branded personal safety devices
- The client needed visibility of the status of their infield workers
- We collaborated with the client to understand their requirements and tested multiple scenarios to demonstrate our capabilities
- We customised a solution to enable multiple contact options, using a webform as the basis for setting up the travel and enabling voice, SMS, digital device, satellite phone options for travellers, thereby maximising contact, regardless of location.
- The schedule can be set in advance, with travellers able to make last minute changes by their preferred contact method as above, either for the travel plan or for check-ins or close-offs and arrival.
- Similarly, adhoc travel can be arranged for monitoring at any time
- We then monitor the safety of the travellers according to the programmed check in times, so that if they miss a designated time, we then contact them to check on their status.
- Any check-ins that require our follow-up are then advised at the time of the call to the designated client contact points
- Should there be any incidents, we follow the agreed escalation process to either engage the clients health and safety team, or emergency services as the situation warrants
- We provided a comprehensive dashboard to show location and status of every traveller.
The final solution included:
- We implemented our Lone Worker Monitoring service, integrating webform voice, digital devices, SMS and Satellite phone to maximise contactability
- We implemented a Client Portal to enable remote management of the client’s schedule and escalation contact lists and a Dashboard to provide 24/7 access and visibility of the status and map location of all travelling staff
- The client now has the confidence that their travelling staff are effectively monitored whilst they are working remotely
If you’d like to know more about our bespoke Lone Worker Monitoring and Client Portal services,